Access to this Website is permitted on a temporary basis, and we reserve the right to withdraw or amend the Services without notice. We will not be liable if for any reason this Website is unavailable at any time or for any period. From time to time, we may restrict access to some parts or all of this Website.
3) Linked sites
- You must not misuse this Website. You will not:
- commit or encourage a criminal offence;
- transmit or distribute a virus, trojan, worm, logic bomb or any other material which is malicious, technologically harmful, in breach of confidence or in any way offensive or obscene;
- hack into any aspect of the Service; corrupt data; cause annoyance to other users;
- infringe upon the rights of any other person’s proprietary rights;
- send any unsolicited advertising or promotional material, commonly referred to as “spam”; or
- attempt to affect the performance or functionality of any computer facilities of or accessed through this Website.
Breaching this provision would constitute a criminal offense and Website Owner will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and disclose your identity to them.
- We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a distributed denial-of-service attack, viruses or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of this Website or to your downloading of any material posted on it, or on any Linked Sites.
6) Intellectual property and content
The intellectual property rights in all content (including photographic images) made available to you on or through this Website remain the property of Website Owner or its licensors and are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved by Website Owner and its licensors. You may store, print and display the content supplied solely for your own personal use. You are not permitted to publish, manipulate, distribute or otherwise reproduce, in any format, any of the content or copies of the content supplied to you or which appears on this Website nor may you use any such content in connection with any business or commercial enterprise. If you would like to use any of our content, please contact us to seek permission.
7) Disclaimer of liability
- Subject to any non-excludable consumer guarantees and other consumer protection provisions set out in the Australian Consumer Law, the material displayed on this Website is provided without any guarantees, conditions or warranties as to its accuracy.
- To the fullest extent permitted by law Website Owner hereby expressly excludes all warranties and other terms which might otherwise be implied by statute, common law or the law of equity and must not be liable for any damages whatsoever, including but without limitation to any direct, indirect, special, consequential, punitive or incidental damages, or damages for loss of use, profits, data or other intangibles, damage to goodwill or reputation, or the cost of procurement of substitute goods and services, arising out of or related to the use, inability to use, performance or failures of this Website or the Linked Sites and any materials posted on those sites, irrespective of whether such damages were foreseeable or arise in contract, tort, equity, restitution, by statute, at common law or otherwise.
- This does not affect Website Owner’s liability for death or personal injury arising from its negligence, fraudulent misrepresentation, misrepresentation as to a fundamental matter or any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
8) Disclaimer as to ownership of trademarks, images of personalities and third party copyright
Except where expressly stated to the contrary, all other persons or entities (including their names and images), third party trademarks and content, services and/or locations featured on this Website are in no way associated, linked or affiliated with Website Owner and you should not rely on the existence of such a connection or affiliation. Any trademarks/names featured on this Website are owned by the respective trademark owners. Where a trademark or brand name is referred to it is used solely to describe or identify the products and services and is in no way an assertion that such products or services are endorsed by or connected to Website Owner.
Website Owner must have the right in its absolute discretion at any time and without notice to amend, remove or vary the Services or any page of this Website.
We operate a complaints handling procedure which we will use to try to resolve disputes when they first arise, please let us know if you have any complaints or comments.
Our commitment to privacy
Solidus Industries Pty Ltd ACN 007 267 021 its subsidiaries and affiliates in Australia are committed to managing personal information in accordance with the Australian Privacy Principles under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and in accordance with other applicable privacy laws.
13) What is "personal information"?
- The Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) currently defines “personal information” as meaning information or an opinion about an identified individual or an individual who is reasonably identifiable:
- whether the information or opinion is true or not; and
- whether the information or opinion is recorded in a material form or not.
14) What information do we collect?
When you enquire about our services or when you become a client of Solidus Industries, a record is made which includes your personal information.
Types of personal information that we collect from you will depend on how you use the website. The personal information which We collect and hold about you may include:
- your name, e-mail, postal address, phone number and other contact details;
- information about your employer or an organisation who you represent;
- personal data gathered using cookies;
- details of your visits to our website including but not limited to traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data;
- your professional details; and
- any additional personal information you provide to us, or authorise us to collect, as part of your interaction with Solidus Industries.
15) How we collect your personal information
- We may collect personal information from you whenever you input such information into the website.
16) Purpose of collection
- The purpose for which we collect personal information is to provide you with the best service experience possible on the website.
- We customarily disclose personal information only to our service providers who assist us in operating the website. Your personal information may also be exposed from time to time to maintenance and support personnel acting in the normal course of their duties.
- Your personal information will not be sold or given away to any other person, company or organisation without your consent. However, we must cooperate fully should a situation arise where we are required by law or legal process to provide personal information about a customer.
- By using our website, you consent to the receipt of direct marketing material. We will only use your personal information for this purpose if we have collected such information directly from you, and if it is material of a type which you would reasonably expect to receive from use. We do not use sensitive personal information in direct marketing activity. Our direct marketing material will include a simple means by which you can request not to receive further communications of this nature.
17) Your data protection rights
Australian Privacy Principle 12 permits you to obtain access to the personal information we hold about you in certain circumstances, and Australian Privacy Principle 13 allows you to correct inaccurate personal information subject to certain exceptions. If you would like to obtain such access, please contact us as set out below.
18) Complaint procedure
If you have a complaint concerning the manner in which we maintain the privacy of your personal information, please contact us as set out below. All complaints will be considered by us and we may seek further information from you to clarify your concerns. If we agree that your complaint is well founded, we will, in consultation with you, take appropriate steps to rectify the problem. If you remain dissatisfied with the outcome, you may refer the matter to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.
19) Overseas transfer
Your personal information may be transferred overseas or stored overseas for a variety of reasons. It is not possible to identify each and every country to which your personal information may be sent. If your personal information is sent to a recipient in a country with data protection laws which are at least substantially similar to the Australian Privacy Principles, and where there are mechanisms available to you to enforce protection of your personal information under that overseas law, we will not be liable for a breach of the Australian Privacy Principles if your personal information is mishandled in that jurisdiction. If your personal information is transferred to a jurisdiction which does not have data protection laws as comprehensive as Australia’s, we will take reasonable steps to secure a contractual commitment from the recipient to handle your information in accordance with the Australian Privacy Principles.
- In some circumstances, the European Union General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) provides additional protection to individuals located in Europe. Where this is the case, there may be additional rights and remedies available to you under the GDPR if your personal information is handled in a manner inconsistent with that law.
- If the GDPR applies, you may be accorded the following additional rights in relation to your personal information:
- The right to erasure – You have the right to request that we erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to us processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability – You have the right to request that we transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us.